Thursday, April 9, 2020

Quarantine Pt. 4

Quarantine has brought all sorts of new habits and today I talk on another one. I have been able to spend more time at home, finding out more stuff about my house that I spend a small amount of time in if life were to be functioning normal at the moment. As a kid with divorce parents, splitting time at multiple houses has never been easy but quarantine makes it even more unique. We have been continuing our normally parenting schedule which involves a two week schedule of me moving me, my younger sister, and my younger brother back and forth from my mom and my dad’s house. My parenting schedule is unique, we’ll start today, Thursday April 9th for instance, I woke up at my mom’s house but after the e-learning day is over I’ll pack up to go and stay at my dad’s place until next Tuesday where I’ll finish the e-learning day at my dad’s place and then sleep at my mom’s place, then next Thursday I’ll have dinner at my dad’s then comeback that night and sleep at my mom’s. I will stay at my moms until next Tuesday when I have dinner at my dad’s and return to my mom’s to sleep again.  Then that Thursday will mark the end of the cycle and I’ll stay at my dad’s again. I tell you (the reader) about this because I find myself in a very different situation as a majority of people who are quarantining at one place the entire time while I still find myself moving a decent amount of times versus staying at one place which seems to be the “norm”. With the constant moving I am able to find a small system to get all of my stuff done, differing from my average workload at home which is normally minimal as I stay after school a majority of the time to get my work done. Quarantine has presented the challenge and an opportunity in the form of building a habit for doing work and being able to study at home, something that has been inconsistent for me throughout my high school lifestyle. I have been able to establish a environment were I am able to study and get all of my work done at home. I am moving between my moms and my dads today and I want to see if I can consistently keep this habit which has had trouble in the past. At the moment I have all of my class work laid out that after I’m done with this blog post I am going to have to reign in from all four corners of my basement and confine it in my backpack yet again. Quarantine has been unique and I have yet again been able to find I nice new habit to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment