Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Stuck in Quarantine pt.5

Spring has always been a special time for me, since I have been born there have been two primary reasons but as I’ve grown up I have added a few more. Today I will go over what I look forward to in spring how how this one has been forever different. Since I was a little kid, something big has always came to me come April 23rd each year, and that was my birthday. My birthday always hyped up the spring season, slowing down the month of April at a rate that didn’t seem possible and this has continued until this year. My birthday is tomorrow and the month of April has flown by at the speed of light, not looking to slow down anytime soon. April this year was going to be different, and not because of quarantine. April this year was supposed to be packed with events and be one of the greatest months to date. I made varsity water polo and hoped for a excellent season to come, hoping to put a years worth of skills to use, unfortunately as of yesterday, the IHSA has officially cancelled the state tournament ending any potential chances to thrive with this years class and losing a prime year of potential recruiting. On top of that I was going to experience my first prom which was going to hopefully be amazing, experiencing it with many great people and going out and having the time of my life, unfortunately the event that was going to happen Saturday is likely no more as it becomes another victim to this virus. Something that continues regardless of the virus but isn’t as special this year is the gradual changing of the season that slowly lifts the weight of seasonal depression off of mine and many others shoulders. The end of the school year coming and the depression still remains. Yes time is flying, but the joy that should be coming along with summer is very absent. It crazy to think that instead of having the problem of making countless plans to go out with friends and not having enough things to do, we are now finding that to be our lone desire, go out and do anything. We are starting to see some nice days, but when going on the occasional bike ride or playing basketball is all you have to, it makes it a whole lot hard to find the pure joy that you desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment